ABOUT TRACY DAVIDSON
For 30 years, 7 time Emmy Award-winning journalist Tracy Davidson has been connecting with people, both through her position as a news-anchor and as a highly coveted empowerment speaker. At these speaking events, Tracy bravely reveals her own life experiences and shares learned skills which have enabled her to overcome formidable challenges from childhood and empowered her to become the success she is today.
Tracy’s warm and engaging style amplifies her natural ability to connect with audiences and lead them to an authentic dialogue. Tracy’s mission in life is to empower women both personally and professionally. Her talks help teach women how to transform their lives by focusing their time, energy and attention, and embracing their true selves. Tracy also brings her inspirational message and useful instruction to church groups and spiritual retreats.
Tracy co-anchors NBC10 News Today weekdays from 4 to 7 AM in Philadelphia. Her reporting focuses on news and headlines critical to the local community’s well-being. A tireless consumer advocate, Tracy makes sure Delaware Valley residents are informed and educated with the most complete information to help them make the best decisions for themselves and their families.
Tracy began her career as a radio reporter and host at several stations in upstate New York before transitioning to television news as an anchor at a Syracuse, New York CBS affiliate. She joined Philadelphia’s NBC10 in March 1996, where, along with her anchoring duties, she developed a Consumer Alert Team. She and her team created and hosted hundreds of community service events, such as The NBC10 Great Shredder Event, The Money School, and Get-a-Job events.
HONORS & AWARDS
Tracy Davidson has earned seven Emmy Awards, including the prestigious Best News Anchor Emmy for the Mid-Atlantic Region in 2008 and 2013. In addition to her Emmy Awards, Tracy has garnered dozens of honors and distinctions during her career:
- In 2015 Inducted into Hall of Fame by Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia.
- In 2014, The Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania honored her for her leadership and achievements with a Take the Lead award.
- In 2014, Chestnut Hill College awarded her with a Doctorate of Humane Letters.
- In 2014 Tracy was honored with a Lew Klein Alumni in Media Award.
- In 2010 Tracy Co-Founded and now Co-Chairs the Ceres Society in Philadelphia, PA.
- Tracy currently serves on the Philabundance Board of Directors in Philadelphia.
- BA Temple University (Broadcasting, Telecommunications and Mass Media
- Religious Studies Certificate: Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary
- Masters: Holistic Spirituality, Chestnut Hill College